Find out what is happening in the world of social work and human services field education:
- The AASW Social Work Supervision Standards 2014 have been published (PDF file, 682KB)
- Be an early bird for the Australian Community Workers Conference
- Webinar: Benefits and challenges of using e-mental health services in work with young people (PDF file, 90KB). May 19, 2014.
- Celebrate Social Work on World Social Work Day 18th March 2014
- Linkup For Kids Conference April 2014 will showcase innovations and partnership focused on Child and Youth Wellbeing.
- Looking for an opportunity to develop you Supervision? Check out what the supervision training Amovita has to offer in 2014.
- 2014 Youth Affairs Conference Brisbane August 20-22 2014. Register your interest
- Field Education Newsletter Summer Issue (PDF file, 768KB)
- Human Rights in Disability Services Training Resource
- Response to Commonwealth Government announcements on asylum seekers by Australian Association of Social Workers
The AASW Qld Branches and National office have voiced their concern about the most recent moves by the Government in relation to asylum seekers and in particular the implications for our obligations under the UN Conventions.
AASW response to Commonwealth Government announcements on asylum seekers media release
Futher releases can be found on the AASW Media Releases - 2013 page
- Queensland social workers respond to government directives to secure all mental health wards
- The Deadly Cards is a deadly new resource to help explore cultural competence through yarning.
- 2013 indigenous health symposium, 'Yarn Up,' The aim of this symposium is to facilitate the development of research network interests and the mfacilitate further research with Aboriginal communities. (November 18 and 19, 2013, Toowoomba.) Download the registration form (PDF file, 474KB)
- QUT and MFS Symposium – Unaccompanied Minors at the Crossroads: Towards Collaboration in Practice. (December 2, 2013, QUT Gardens Point.) D ownload the program (PDF file, 140KB)
- AASW and QUT presents a Q&A night (PDF File)
- Social Work and Human Service Practice Day
- Unlocking Citizen Led Change (PDF file, 819KB)
- Symposium Unaccompanied Minors at the Crossroads: Towards Collaboration in Practice (December 2, 2013, QUT Gardens Point)
- Living Well is offering a workshop in February 2014 (PDF file, 406KB)
- Now is a great time to join the AASWWE to find out more about how they can resource you as a supervisor. Please visit the AASWWE website for more information.
My name is Edna Apura and I am a human services practitioner with Centacare Enoggera Community Services.
One of the many wonderful things about being a supervisor is having the opportunity to journey with the students as they do their placement with our organisation.
This project was possible due to funding made available by Health Workforce Australia as an Australian Government Initiative