You might find these books and articles useful in informing your supervision. Feel free to let us know if you have other articles or books that others might find useful and we will put them on the site.
- Armour, M., Brain, B., & Rubio, R. (2004). An evaluation study of diversity training for field instructors; A collaborative approach to enhancing cultural competence, Journal of Social Work Education 40 (1), 27-38
- Chenoweth, L., & McAuliffe, D. (2011). The road to social work and human service practice (3rd ed.). South Melbourne, Vic.: Cengage Learning
- Banks, S. (2010). Integrity in Professional Life: Issues of conduct, Commitment and Capacity. British Journal of Social Work (2010) 2168-2184
- Engelbrecht. L. (2006). Cultural friendliness as a foundation for the support functions in the supervision of social work students in South Africa. International Social Work 49(2): 256-266
- Everet, J., Miehls, D., DuBosis, C., & Garran, A. (2011). The Devellopmental model of Supervision as Reflected in the Experiences of Field Supervisors and Graduate Students, Journal of Teaching in Social Work, 31:3, 250-264
- Gray, S., & Smith, M., (2009). The influence of Diversity in Clinical Supervision: A Framework for Reflective Conversations and Questionion, The Clinical Supervisor, 28:2, 155-179 Routledge
- Gair, S. (2007). Pursing Indigenous –Inclusive Curriculum in social Work Tertiary Education: feeling my way as a Non-indigenous eduator Australian Journal of Indigenous Education vol 36.
- Knight, C. (2000). Engaging the Student in the Field Instruction Relationship, Journal of Teaching in Social Work, 20:3-4, 173-201
- Lynn, R., Thorpe. R., & Miles.D. (1998). Murry Way James Cook University
- Stanford, S. (2010). ‘Speaking Back’ to Fear: Responding to the Moral Dilemmas of Risk in Social Work Practice British Journal of Social Work (2010) 40, 1065-1080
- Trepal, D., Bailie.J., & Leeth.,C. (2010). Critical Incidents in Practicum Supervision: Supervisees’ Perspectives Journal of Professional Counselling: Practice, Theory, and Research Vol.38, No.1, Summer/Spring 2010
- Welfel, E. (2010). Ethics in Counselling and Psychology 5th Ed, Brooks/Cole
- Williams, C. (2006 ). the Epistemology of Cultural Competence Families in Society; April-June 2006; 87,2 p209-220